Thanks for your help in reaching hundreds of teens with the award-winning Hamilton High True-to-Life series!
Since the first title in the Hamilton High True-to-Life series by Marilyn Reynolds appeared, teens have gravitated to these books. Throughout the country, middle and high schools, teen pregnancy/parenting programs, alternative schools, and libraries have used these books to motivate reading and to encourage self-reflection.
New Wind Publishing ran a campaign in the 2016-17 school year: giving 100 sets of each of the ten titles to schools, youth programs, libraries and juvenile detention centers. We kicked off the campaign by contributing five sets of books. See which schools and programs received books!
Contributions from all over the country helped fund the campaign. Some people contributed because they had read and loved the books; others supported the idea of promoting teen reading.
In addition to many public high schools, recipients included a public library in a small mountain town and another in a large county, a college serving Native Americans, a middle school, three continuation high schools, and a teen parenting program. 2017 update: Schools continue to contact us, requesting sets of the series for their libraries or classrooms. Thanks to a contribution, we have been able to send a box of books to Red Lake High School in Red Lake, Minnesota. If you would like to donate a set of books to a school in need, please email us at email@example.com.
The teachers and librarians who received books wrote us comments like these:
- Thank you for the donation of Marilyn Reynold's series of books. We are thrilled.
- We are delighted to have won a set of the books!
- Thank you for your support of student reading and school libraries.
- I just want to let you know that we did receive the Hamilton High series books. Thank you so very much for the opportunity to obtain this popular series for our library. Our students will truly enjoy reading them.
- I'm excited for my current students to read your novels and discover a love of reading.
- I've had so many students through the years who have loved your books. Many had never read a novel in its entirety before finding your books. My students have been deeply moved by , , and ? as well as your other novels and short stories. I'm so excited to share the series with my students. Please give my sincere thanks to the generous donor who made this wonderful gift possible.
- My reluctant readers will be drawn to the compelling stories of teens like themselves going through struggles and emerging triumphant on the other side.
Thank you to all the contributors.
Questions? Contact us